CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

February 8, 2010

Trey will be Baptized by Tyler Saturday Feb. 13, 2010




Then Peter said unto them, repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:38)

Turning eight is a very special right of passage in our church. It is the time that children are baptized. We believe that children are born innocent without knowledge of right and wrong. As they grow they develop this sense to make good choices and by the time they turn eight, they are ready to enter into their first covenant with their Heavenly Father. This first covenant is called Baptism. When we are baptized, we promise to take upon us the name of Christ, to always remember Him and keep his Commandments. In return our Heavenly Father promises us His Spirit to be with us. After Baptism, we are given the Gift of the Holy Ghost. If we follow Christ's example by loving one another, bearing each other's burdens, mourning with those who mourn, and comforting those who need comfort, the Holy Ghost will be our constant companion and will help us to be able to return to live with our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ. I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, that these things are true.

Trey, I am so proud of you for making this very important Decision. I promise you that if you follow your Saviors example, the Holy Ghost will always be by your side and you will be blessed for your righteousness. Always remember that you are a Child of God who loves you so much. Listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost and you will never be led astray. Life is tough and you will always encounter opposition, but know that through those trials, you will be able to grow and progress through life. As you grow in faith, you will be blessed. Be a good example to those around you and always hold your integrity close to your heart. I love you, son. You are such a precious gift from our Heavenly Father. I can't imagine a better son than you. Thank you for being so great.
Love,
Mom

4 comments:

Susan Young said...

It's so crazy to see you guys... and that Tyler is a daddy. The Phillipines look awesome. Why was Tyler there? Your family is beautiful. Congrats to your little man and his baptism. It'll be a great day. I love the invitation. I would love to see Arizona again. I haven't been back since I left the mission forever ago. Anyway, tell Tyler hi from me. Hope all goes well for the baptism. BTW, this is Susan Nielsen ... now SUsan Young from the ATM.

Sara Cotter said...

Cute blog. I didn't know you had a blog and I can't believe Trey is eight already. I hope you guys are doing good.

kathysuz said...

I like the blog but for me I would have gone crazy setting it up. We are so excited that Trey is getting baptized. We will be there with our proud faces. We love you all!

Christi said...

We are so excited for Trey! We can't wait for Saturday. :)